Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Ry Buddy!!

I can't believe my baby is 1! This year went by so fast. I seriously LOVE babies 1st birthday's! He went crazy with his cake and was just in awe with the flame on the candle. It was so fun! He is obsessed with any kind of ball, so that is what we got him... tons of balls!

We had a little issue with his cake. I went to pick it up at Costco and it said "Happy Birthday Ryan you are not the best! (Ha, Ha) So I said WTF (in a nice way) and we looked at the paper that I had filled out and some lame person changed everything on there! They changed my last name, phone number and pick up date! Luckily they had it made just not wrapped. Anyway, they offered to fix it but I didn't have time to wait so I just said I'd try to pick it off. Then the cashier was looking at it when I was checking out and she freaked out and called a manager and they gave it to me for free! So I was pretty happy about that. It was actually kind of funny cause Talan's 1st birthday cake said "Happy Birthday Palan!" So now we just have a good story to tell for each of them. We did pick the not off of Ryan's cake though!

12 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

Wow, I can't believe he is one!! That is hilarious about the cake! Sheesh!! You totally gotta submit in to this blog... http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Abes and Stace said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! I don't even feel like I know him, how sad.
That's so funny about the cake. It's good you have a sense of humor and can make it into a fun part of the birthday. I'd probably be one of those grumpy moms where it just ruins the day.
You are really on a roll with the blog lately! So proud of ya!

Summer said...

GOOD thing you're blogging that you removed the "not" because someday he might have thought you guys were jerks! Ha Ha! J/K...I'm just happy that you got it for free! Happy Birthday to Ryan!

Emily said...

That cake-story is hiLLARious Sandy! I laughed out-loud, what a sweet cake for family memories! You'll never forget that one. Jim & I didn't move permanently to MX, we just rented a condo for 6 months. And NOW we're back in SLC - waiting out the whole Swine Flu chaos! Your blog is awesome - you & Spencer make 'family life' look so fun!

pafusion said...

Maddy, you are getting so big and Ryan a year old; WOW.

Kari said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!! "You are not the best"...how funny is that? Who would put that on a cake? Didn't the people at Costco think twice before they frosted that on? Good thing Ryan is only 1 and can't read. He's such a cutie and we wish him a very happy (late) birthday!

Jamie said...

Wow! Not that we ever see you guys, but that went by fast! I can't believe he's one either. Birthdays really are the best!!

Holly said...

That is too funny! I can't believe he is already a year old. I guess we have never technically met him. He's a cutie! Hope all is well for you guys!

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny! What a great story to tell over the years! I am still laughing about the cake! By the way, he is so cute! What a darling family!

Maylene said...

That is too funny...well I'm sure I would be mad if it was my kids cake :) Seriously, who does stuff like that. I guess at least you got it for free.

Anneli said...

Ha! When I saw that cake I thought you guys did it to be funny! That is hilarious.....

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! He is such a cutie! I love all the snapshots of him eating the cake!